THE FOUNDATION

SEAT 


Alexander Tutsek-Stiftung
Karl-Theodor-Straße 27
80803 München | Germany
Phone: +49-89-34 38 56

Alexander Tutsek-Stiftung


Seat of the Foundation

The foundation is located in a listed Art-Nouveau villa in Munich-Schwabing. The architect German Bestelmeyer (1874 – 1942), who also built, for example, the extension of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (Lichthof), designed the villa with a large studio for his friend Georg Albertshofer. The foundation's temporary exhibitions are held in Albertshofer's former studio.

Albertshofer (1864 - 1933) was a professor at the Münchner Kunstakademie and worked in his studio on Karl-Theodor-Strasse as a sculptor. There he created works such as the fountain for Delikatessenhaus Dallmayr (1912) or the Column of Benno in front of the Church of St. Benno in Munich-Maxvorstadt (1910, together with German Bestelmeyer and Ferdinand von Miller). Many of the sculptures he designed are on view close to his studio, at the Maximiliansgymnasium and Oskar-von-Miller-Gymnasium: for instance, on the portals, and in the joint schoolyard, the sculptural group Romulus and Remus.


The Oskar-von-Miller-Gymnasium 1921 with sculptures by Georg Albertshofer